Malfunction?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Malfunction?

Post by rbmgf7 »

This is the second time in a year Mach did this. First time was a one-off job and just now, it was on a reoccurring job so the file never changes. In fact, I just did three cuts on the same file before Mach did this.

What happened was the torch will stay on and then traverse either in a straight X or Y axis. Nothing invoked it. It was just running and then it decided to destroy my job.

Seems too random to investigate. I don't think the program was running. I was too focused on smashing the Estop. Looks like it started a normal cut but skipped the lead-in and just went off in the direction it would've went after the lead-in.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Malfunction?

Post by tcaudle »

If its not on the toolpath screen and not on the Readout is unlikely MACH did it . So what kind of motors and controls? Servos can careen off ino tthe wildernsee if you have an encoder or cable that messes up/ Even a chunk of debris in the encoder will pay havoc with signals. If its a stepper either a noise problem in the logic side. its really hard to make a stepper go someplace its not supposed. Every little step has to be sent so they can't just run away/ More info about the system would help. Not going to be easy if it happens twice a year///// probably the Russians.
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Malfunction?

Post by rbmgf7 »

ESS, Gecko G540, CNC router parts steppers. All custom. Runs flawlessly. The only common issue I have is occasionally loosing continuity with the Ohmic sensor due to dirt.

No signal issues. Everything is shielded and routed in the cabinet to avoid interference.

Probably is the Chinese fighting back due to the trade wars. Coincidentally, all my new sheet/plate orders are USS.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”