Mach3 and Hypertherm..

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Nickswelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Mach3 and Hypertherm..

Post by Nickswelding »

Hello all,
I recently got a 4x4 table running Mach3/Bladerunner software and a Hypertherm Powermax 45 xp plasma.
My issue is that as soon as I turn the plasma on it throws a fault code saying that its getting an active signal but I don't know how to dress this or where to start and why thats happening ?

Thanks, Nick
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach3 and Hypertherm..

Post by tcaudle »

Hypertherm will do that if you trun on the plasma while the START (torch on) signal is active So what does the table vendor say?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Are you running the correct MACH profile? Does everything work with the Plasma off? Is the TORCH button active? If you open Diagnsotics tab and Outputs are any flashing? If it has a PWM module it has a TORCH LED taht shows if the relay to fire the torch is active. Does the probelm go away if you disconnect the CPC cable to the 45 XP?
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

If you want more specific help on the control join the CandCNC Support Forum .
Nickswelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Nickswelding »

Ok great , ill head over there and post as well. It appears to be the control box thats causing the issue somehow. I can have the program closed and not running and it will still throw the code or if I have the plasma unplugged then plug the CPC in while the control box is on as well it starts an arc right away even without Mach3 running or open.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”