Mach3 Homing Issues

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Mach3 Homing Issues

Post by kwikway »

Hello All,

Today i installed some limit switches on the X and Y axis of my plasma table. I have a 4x8 custom table. the X axis has only one motor while the Y axis has two. When I setup the limit switch for the X axis it worked fine. [ I am using Mach3] However when I try to do the same for the Y axis I run into a problem. the motors do not seem to move in the same direction while homing [and only when homing]. During regular use I have no such problems. Has anyone encountered this problem before or have any idea what I might need to change in mach3 to get the motors to cooperate while homing?

Thanks all!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach3 Homing Issues

Post by acourtjester »

I think you need to go into the home/limits menu and look at the 2 motors axis you are using for the y and one should be home neg with a red check and the other a green check. If you have them both with red or green you are homing one axis the wrong way
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kwikway »

acourtjester wrote:I think you need to go into the home/limits menu and look at the 2 motors axis you are using for the y and one should be home neg with a red check and the other a green check. If you have them both with red or green you are homing one axis the wrong way
Hello there,

Hmm. Good tip. I will have a look at the shop tomorrow. Thanks!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

A slaved motor faces the other motor and rotates the opposite direction. It has to home in the opposite direction as well

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”