Getting files from here to Mach3

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
JanssenWelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Getting files from here to Mach3

Post by JanssenWelding »

The files on this page or any page. Very new to this how do I get a file to Mach 3? Do I just copy g code and paste in Mach 3 or does it need to go to sheetcam first.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Files

Post by WyoGreen »

The files you download from here are mostly .dxf or .svg files. These files will need to be processed through Sheetcam into g-code files (.tap ). The g-code file is then imported into Mach-3.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
JanssenWelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JanssenWelding »

thanks
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Many here use one computer to do the software work, like drawing (dxf or SVG files) and then move to SheetCam to convert the drawings to G-code.
and use a jump (USB stick) to transfer the G-code to the table computer. When you do this copy the G-code from the Jump drive to the G-code folder in the Mach 3 main folder on the table computer that is where it looks for it to load into Mach to cut. You can create other folders for G-code if you want to keep them separate (wall art files, sign files, brackets, ect) you will just need to tell mach where they are for loading.
Another handy this is I add dimension ( 12 X 6) to the name of the G-code it helps when you start cutting from left over partial sheets. It helps when positioning torch start points too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”