What does the green X in Sheetcam signify?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

What does the green X in Sheetcam signify?

Post by Paint Chip »

In Sheetcam in view tool path mode with show tool path selected, so that the green line shows up, the lead-ins and an X appear on the tool path (green) line. The location of the X is affected by how much over cut you add but seems too far from the lead-in to be the point where the torch goes off. Can someone tell me what the X represents - could not find it mentioned anywhere in the Sheetcam manual.

Guess I posted this in the wrong place - if any moderators view - can you please move to the Sheetcam section?
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: What does the green X in Sheetcam signify?

Post by Paint Chip »

Maybe a picture would help?? The green X is about 2/3 up from the bottom in the center of the picture.

Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Have you clicked on the red X at the top left of the screen to see what it says?
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

Yes, it just says it could not fit lead-ins on some paths (inside area too small). I assume since it's on the cut path line it has something to do with plasma torch control but I don't know what.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

They can show where path rules take effect, such as thc on/off.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

I tried setting DTHC to 0 and turning off all cut path rules in Sheetcam, but the green X did not change locations or disappear. The only thing I have found that affects it is the overcut setting - increasing it from 0.1 to 0.5 moves it closer to the back side of the lead-in. I don't see the X in other drawings imported to Sheetcam, just this one. Since it doesn't seem to affect anything I guess it's not that important - just bugs me not knowing what its purpose is and if it can be used in some way.
LSX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LSX »

I'm having the same problem. . . Wish I knew what the green X's where i'v tried about everything...
Attachments
greenx3.jpg
greenx3.jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 629 times
greenx.jpg
LSX
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LSX »

I emailed les at sheetcam "The green X marks show where a cutting rule is being used. It looks like one of your cutting rules is incompatible with the scriber. In SheetCam go to Tools->cutting rules and enable 'Show rule names in g-code'. This will put rule names in the g-code whenever one is applied. Now when the machine stops you should be able to look at the current g-code line and see what rule caused the problem."

I found out it was the Anit-dive even tho it wasn't set

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”