Help with DTHC

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
chriskramer07
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with DTHC

Post by chriskramer07 »

I am having trouble with DTHC II during a cut it wants to rise. Now I have searched this forum and others as well. My issue is a little bit different (I think).

THC works when I use a "basic shape wizard" But not if it is a DXF file imported with Sheetcam. The Post I am using is MP-1000 thc. I also noticed in the G code I do not see a "S20" command unless I use a snippet code for "THC on". I am not sure that is normal.

I checked the post and THC is on (M667) and THC off (M666). They were both were nil at first. Is only THC on suppose to be used?

The same tap file will cut just fine if I turn off thc in Mach3.

I am now wondering if it is because of the LOAD SCREEN I am using. If that matters, I will try a different one tomorrow.

Setup:
Mach3
BladerunnerAIO
DTHCII
Sheetcam W/ MP-1000THC post

I am new to cnc plasma/g code so bare with me as I am self taught. If I have left out any information needed I apologize. Let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with DTHC

Post by tcaudle »

MP1000THC is a bare bones POST and does not do anything automatically . THC on off should not be done with a macro (M code) with the DTHCII. I submit you will get better help on the DTHC and how to use it and what POST to use on the CandCNC Support Forum. It the Z is moving up during a cut the DTHC HAS to be active and it trying to raise the volts. Since the preset volts are in the Cur Profile for the DTHCII (all screen related ) and ahve to be sent to the DTHC via a serial connection then that link would have to be up and functional. The DTHC ONLINE LED HAS to be on or nothing is being sent to the DTHCII and its using the last values it had .
chriskramer07
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Help with DTHC

Post by chriskramer07 »

tcaudle wrote:MP1000THC is a bare bones POST and does not do anything automatically . THC on off should not be done with a macro (M code) with the DTHCII. I submit you will get better help on the DTHC and how to use it and what POST to use on the CandCNC Support Forum. It the Z is moving up during a cut the DTHC HAS to be active and it trying to raise the volts. Since the preset volts are in the Cur Profile for the DTHCII (all screen related ) and ahve to be sent to the DTHC via a serial connection then that link would have to be up and functional. The DTHC ONLINE LED HAS to be on or nothing is being sent to the DTHCII and its using the last values it had .

Thank you for your reply. DTHC is online LED is green. I will head over to CandCNC since my account is now approved. I can not seem to locate MP3000. The only ones I have are for rotary tube or rectangle.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”