Mach 3 torch fire will not stop

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
rbcustomz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Mach 3 torch fire will not stop

Post by rbcustomz »

My torch on signal that is on the small PWM module that plugs into the back of hypertherm plasma will not shut off. when i open mach 3 and hit the reset button the torch on light comes on and the torch fires and will not shut off. table was running fine and out of no where it happend, under config plugins if i unatcive the ubob3 control, the torch on light will go away but then i have no control over the table no movement. Any help would be great, i think it is possible a mach 3 issue. When doing a dry run of a drawing in mach 3 with the plasma cutter off the torch fire button will signal as it should when a g code for torch on and off happen, but the whole time during the dry run the torch on light on the PWM module box is still on, will not shut off unless i hit the reset button, but then im in reset mode and can not do anything. is there a button in mach 3 that controls this? not the torch fire button either.
Last edited by rbcustomz on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
AndrewMawson
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Mach 3 torch fire will not stop

Post by AndrewMawson »

I believe the Torch On signal is a relay contact closure. Sounds as though the contact is permanently closed - could be the relay driver or the relay itself.
4x4 DIY Plasma Table
Hypertherm PM45
Purelogic THC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Inkscape
rbcustomz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rbcustomz »

AndrewMawson wrote:I believe the Torch On signal is a relay contact closure. Sounds as though the contact is permanently closed - could be the relay driver or the relay itself.

Do you know of a way to test that realy? all my electronics have less than 3 hours of run time on them, but it is possible i got a bad THC module box
AndrewMawson
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by AndrewMawson »

M03 from the MDI line should turn the relay / torch ON

M05 from the MDI line shoul turn the torch OFF

iirc
4x4 DIY Plasma Table
Hypertherm PM45
Purelogic THC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Inkscape
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Ask the guys that designed and built it. Online support forum , phone , email. or facebook.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”