feed rate

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Jaybe2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

feed rate

Post by Jaybe2 »

I'm having a problem with feed rate. Mach3 wants to cut the hole in a part faster than the out side cut. I set my feed rate to 45 ipm and it looks like the out side is at the correct rate but the hole is trying to cut much faster. I looked through the file and anything with an F is at 45ipm. I'm very new to mach3 so I'm sure it is something I'm missing. any help would be much appreciated.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: feed rate

Post by WyoGreen »

I'll take a wild stab at this. I'm going to assume you're cutting the hole first, and that you are rapiding from your 0 point to the hole. My thought is that the feed rate reduction might be missing from the rapid speed, so the hole would be cutting at the rapid rate. As I said, just a wild guess without looking at the g-code.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Jaybe2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jaybe2 »

I don't think that is it. I checked it this morning and the rate from home to the circle is much faster than it is cutting the circle but the circle is faster than the out side cut. Still waiting for northern plasma to call me back.
Jaybe2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jaybe2 »

I found the problem. there was an f code that was at the end of another code and it was not changing when I did replace all. I deleted it and it ran perfect.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”