Mach 3 skipping G-Codes?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Mach 3 skipping G-Codes?

Post by ajk2004 »

Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to mach 3 and sheetcam and am having what I hope is a minor hiccup. I have a plate marker I am trying to get going. I am doing some tests with it and am having a problem with it. I posted it on here because I'm guessing it could happen to me while plasma cutting too. I am just doing a lincoln electric logo. If you look at a few of the letters on the picture, parts of the letter never engraved. The plate marker stopped like it was done and went on to the next letter. Does anyone else have problems with this? I have the C&CNC Bladerunner package. Thanks.
Andy

lincoln.jpg
lincoln.jpg (131.74 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 skipping G-Codes?

Post by sphurley »

If you run the program in the air (not touching the plate) does it still skip?
I have had issue with my marker stop vibrating (for lack of a better word) until the next start command.
It runs around the letter just stops engraving.
I have an oiler on it and still have had issues. Not really figured it out.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ajk2004 »

Sphurley,
Thank you for your reply. It stops vibrating, but it is because mach is telling it to. It stops and goes to another letter without finishing the letter. I ran it on air (without the aux port plugged in and it runs and doesn't finish certain letters). When you look at the screen in mach, it shows that the part of the word was not ran also. Not sure why. Everything looks good in sheetcam. Thanks.
Andy
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

My guess would be that the letter has open lines in it, so sheetcam skips to another letter and will eventually come back and do the skipped line. You might try posting your dxf file so others can take a look at it.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Its not MACH. I would guess the last segment is just not in the G-code . There were problems with older POSTs that would cause it to skip tthe FIRST segment because it ran the offset but never turned on the plate marker. Have not seen it on the final segment. Is this a mixed cut file (plate marker + Plasma ) or just plate marker. It won't BTW happen on plasma beacuse there is no offsets and it uses a different M code and output
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by msimpson99 »

I had problems with sheetcam leaving out some commands. It all has to do with the modal commands. These commands will not issue the command if the command was issued previously. This keeps double lines out of some of the more advanced functions as they can get complicated. The problem is sheetcam can get lost and thus some of the modal commands get left out.

To solve my issues I pretty much rewrote most of the post processing sections and replaced most of the commands in the Pendown section with post.text and post.number commands.
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ajk2004 »

Thank you guys for your input. Tom, this IS a mixed file. I want to engrave the piece and then cut it out. The post I am using is one I got recommended to me from luke. It is the 11J I believe. It could be the beginning of the letter isn't engraving. When I look at it and it stops, it looks like it is the end though. How would I go about remedying this situation? Thanks.
Andy
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

ajk2004 wrote:Thank you guys for your input. Tom, this IS a mixed file. I want to engrave the piece and then cut it out. The post I am using is one I got recommended to me from luke. It is the 11J I believe. It could be the beginning of the letter isn't engraving. When I look at it and it stops, it looks like it is the end though. How would I go about remedying this situation? Thanks.
Andy
Send me a direct email and ask for the 11M4 post. If its the POST causing it it should fix it. I do not recall it ever not finishing a shape only missing the beginning but its a place to start.YOu can send me the SVG file OR the SheetCAM job file. I have development sytem in my office that I can run simulations on.
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ajk2004 »

Does anybody have experience with the 11M4 Post? I just imported it into sheetcam and now I get an error message in Mach that states, "no probe active." Not sure what this means. I could cut with no problems and after I put this post in now I get this message. This is getting somewhat frustrating. I am trying to put the 11J post back in because I could cut with that one and I can't even get it back. Thanks for the help.
Andy
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

It means you have not set your probe to active and port 1 pin 13 in Mach3/config/ports and pins/input signals
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ajk2004 »

Well I set the pin to active and now my ohmic isnt functioning right. It is sensing but continues past touching and my gantry is lifting up. I have been using the 11J post for the last month or so and have been test cutting with fairly decent results. I was having some issues with my plate marker and Tom C. recommended importing the 11M4 post. Once I did that I was having the probe error. I feel like it is one step forward and three steps back.... Seriously guys, thanks for the help.
Andy
ajk2004
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ajk2004 »

Well I used the 11J post again, and no problems cutting. I guess I will have to call the C and CNC boys tomorrow and see what I can get figured out. Thanks again guys.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”