Candcnc MP3000 - motion pause after every M3

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Candcnc MP3000 - motion pause after every M3

Post by beefy »

I have an MP3000 - DTHC system from Candcnc.

The problem I am having is there is a pause of about 3 seconds after the torch fires (M3 gcode) before motion starts.

I recieve the ARC OK signal immediately (ARC OK led lights on the screen) after the torch fires.

The spindle delay settings are also at zero.

Anyone know where this pause could be coming from. I'm hoping it's not the Candcnc plugin that's the problem.

This isn't just causing a big hole at the pierce point, it's also causing the system to shut down due to overvoltage. The Candcnc plugin has a tick box "SHUT DOWN ON FAULT" yet despite that NOT being ticked the system still shuts down on volts out of range.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Candcnc MP3000 - motion pause after every M3

Post by acourtjester »

Have you looked at the G-code to see if you have a pause after the M3 (Like G04 P3.0).
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Thanks Acourtjester but nothing as simple as that.

After my opening post, I remembered I brought this matter up on the Candcnc forum in 2014 and after some pushing I was told the delays in Mach3 and the Candcnc plugin "fight each other" :shock: and the result is that the THC DELAY is magically transformed into a delay in motion.

You've got your stock standard Mach3 THC DELAY, then you have the Candcnc plugin delay in the Cut Profiles called FAULT DELAY. They are the ones that mix together and give you a MOTION DELAY instead.

Then when the voltage goes above the max of 255 (upper limit in Cut Profiles) the system faults DESPITE not having the STOP ON FAULT box ticked. So basically it seems this early version of the MP3000 was rather troublesome.

I was also "lucky" with the PN200 hand pendant. I've never used it because it had the very dangerous rogue steps on the X axis where it would regularly lurch at rapid speed for a distance of about 100mm or more. A few users had that issue when the PN200 first came out.

The more plasma cutting I do the more I want to move to a more basic system with stand alone Mach3 with breakout boards and an external torch height control. I don't want any more Mach3 plugin stuff causing me headaches.

Then later on I'm going to transfer over to UCcnc / UC300 combination.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

That actually was a MACH bug that they never fully fixed. There have been several MP3000 updates (including to the plugins.) You cannot even run MACH4 without a plugin of some kind). If you really want basics then go to the external THC options that use NO plugins (Promo, LCTHC, etc) Heck I have a Promo unit you can have for $100 I took in on trade.
You will still face some issues with the pure parallel port version. (like no fault detection requirement for a 2nd parallel port, and no voltage based anti dive) but it WILL be basic. You dial in the preset volts and make the cut. The early PN200 was a lesson in why I dislike USB with the wrong adapter or cables longer than 3 ft from the PC

The two plugins for the MP3000 are related to 1. The Port Sharing to increase inputs to one parallel port, and 2. the serial communications to/from the DTHC to MACH. While running a macro in Macro takes resources (especially on a slower processor) its probably not the cause of the delay after the torch fires.

I had kinda hoped you would have moved forward on your "simple" MACH3 THC DIY project so you could see some of the ground level issues you face with any system.

If you want to talk about systems and things that actually exist and are shipping then feel free to reengage on the CandCNC form . I will be happy to wax technical as deep as you want Even why the THC card from MESA is not what you should use.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Thanks Tom.

I too was hoping I was further ahead with my "simple" THC. Family life, excavation business, fixing/maintaining excavation gear, preparing for a plasma business, endless learning of programming/electronics (as I find time). I guess things don't happen quickly under those conditions.

I'm expecting some components to arrive from overseas this week to prototype my first plasma voltage sensing board. I would certainly like to talk technical with you but at this point I would rather "just do" and have it not work, than hear a lot of reason why it would not work. When it doesn't work you can then tell me why.

IF it works then I will be putting a few of the goodies in the THC unit, like THC DELAY (because Mach3 THC DELAY does not ignore THC UP, I tested it), hysteresis/dead-band, THC Disable via external input, THC Lock (void crossing). IF it works it will be a huge improvement over my MP3000 and I'll actually have more functionality plus the freedom to customise Mach3 in it's stock standard form without the worry I'm doing something that may conflict with a custom screenset or plugin.

Now I could just go and buy an external THC but that would be too sensible and no fun at all :D

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”