Mach3,sheetcam

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Mach3,sheetcam

Post by trucks1948 »

I am in the process of switching over a practical cnc table to candcnc MP3000 DTHC.It runs on Mach3 and i also have sheetcam and lazycam,all of which i have never used before.Can anyone tell me the correct way to bring a DXF into sheetcam from corel draw 4,then send it to mach3?Most the time i can get the g code into mach but i don't get any picture in the table display window.Also when i cut something it is cutting the rapid travel line from the table zero to the starting point on the work.Is this a g code problem or a set up prob in my thc? Thanks Jim
torchhead
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Mach3,sheetcam

Post by torchhead »

Okay here is the deal with CorelDraw (and Adobe illustrator) and DXF:

The DXF import and export filters are poor. On an export they turn all the nice smooth Bezier curves in Corel into hundreds of tiny line segments and get put in as nodes in SheetCAM and are there in the G-code to MACH. For CorelDraw ver 12 and up you can resolve this buy buying the low cost DXFTool utility at http://www.CorelDrawTools.com. It gives you perfect DXF for SheetCAM with arcs, circles and arc segments. Use that with the correct post for MACH (MP1000 for our listed hardware) and you will resolve the problem.

TOM Caudle
trucks1948

Re: Mach3,sheetcam

Post by trucks1948 »

Thanks Tom ,ill give it a try.Jim

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”