Help with cnc plasma machine

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Hayman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with cnc plasma machine

Post by Hayman »

My MLX code got corrupted I think that's the right initials could someone tell me what they would need if I sent it to them for them to look at to help me get it fixed any help would be appreciated I have a 5x10 plasma machine with Windows 7 and mach3 snap on 60i plasma cutter
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with cnc plasma machine

Post by tcaudle »

XML? (MACH Profile)? If so MACH keeps backup XML codes in a folder under MACH aptly named 'xmlbackups"

Every time a change is made to the settings it backs up the copy using an ascending number in the file extension name
To restore you rename the corrupt file to another extension (like .bad) and copy the highest number with the same name to the MACH3 folder and then change the extension to "xml".

Since the XML reflects YOUR setup specifically (all of the settings and even which screen set you use) it would be difficult to take your file and figure out what is wrong with it. Where did you get the original XML from? Did you set it up or was it already done for you ? Its a good idea to keep a backup of the entire MACH folder so you could do a restore rather painlessly if you had a HardDrive crash :shock: Back it up anytime you make a settings change OR if you do an upgrade to MACH or a vendors drivers/plugins.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”