PCM to DXF Conversion

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
elkriverfab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

PCM to DXF Conversion

Post by elkriverfab »

I was just wondering how to convert my plasmacam PCM files to black and white DXF files so I print them and show customers my available designs and scenes.

If anyone could tell me what software program I should use to do this, It would really help.

Thank you very much.
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PCM to DXF Conversion

Post by mdwalker »

I can help you with this one. In PlasmaCam simply open the pcm file that you want to convert. Click on File in the top left corner of PlasmaCam then click on Export. Enter the filename you want to use then click the drop down box and select AutoCad dxf. That's it. If you have any problems, let me know.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
elkriverfab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by elkriverfab »

Thank you Danny!
This will help a lot. :D
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ironman »

elkriverfab wrote:I was just wondering how to convert my plasmacam PCM files to black and white DXF files so I print them and show customers my available designs and scenes.

If anyone could tell me what software program I should use to do this, It would really help.

Thank you very much.

Hmmm....why would you do that? why not just print them from Pcam? You can set pixel width in the print window..I print with 6p width.
However, they still look like a line drawing and some people can't visualize well. From some CAD programs like Qcad or a viewer like Irfanview, you can save the .dxf export as a bitmap. Then open Paint and grab a paint bucket of black and pour into the metal area of the drawing.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”