EPP Port Vs. PS/2 Port

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Neyko
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

EPP Port Vs. PS/2 Port

Post by Neyko »

I have been using my PCM on the PS/2 port and for the most part it was working fine. However that port is only a 1.5watt port> I have since upgraded the shop floor pc to be compatible with the network I had installed in the shop. That new machine also had a StarTech 1-Port EPP/ECP Parallel PCI card installed as it runs at 5 watts.

When I run a auto-detect, I get a error that I need to check my cables, and or machine. Why wouldn't PCm recognize the new EPP card? I believe I'm running the new 3.11 controller software. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what is the maximum I can run a parallel cable? And is there a cable that can be run farther so I can move the shop pc to a dust free room. If not, are there any plans out here for a dust free enclosure for the PCM???
"The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values".

PlasmaCam DHC2
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: EPP Port Vs. PS/2 Port

Post by geo4932 »

You need to look up the I/O address in Windows Device Manager and enter it into the Hexadecimal address line in the software.
By the way, you should also post in the official Plasmacam Owners forum for quicker response.
George

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”