PlasmaCAM/Samson/GoTorch Training

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

PlasmaCAM/Samson/GoTorch Training

Post by rdj357 »

Due to overwhelmingly positive response to the training survey, I have begun offering regional training classes for Design Edge users! This class is filling quickly but we will be posting future workshops on our website soon! I am humbled by the response I've had from the many I've talked with and helped on the phone as well as those that returned survey answers. I love to teach and look forward to sitting down with those that are ready to take their abilities to the next level with their drawing and table operation! Let me know if I can answer any questions about the training! Thanks, Robert aka Rdj357

Who will benefit?
Whether you're brand new to Design Edge or have a little time in front of the keyboard - this class can benefit you! From fine tuning your cut quality to hand tracing a design and bridging a sign, we're going to cover it!

When and Where?
Our first workshop will be in Las Vegas from September 27-29. Cost is $445 per person.

The first 2 days of this workshop will focus on Design Edge software specifically as it is used in plasma cutting. Attendees will start with basic settings; we will develop a full understanding of what each individual choice does and how it applies to your work. We will spend time with each of the drawing and edit tools and the coordinate system so you can hone your skill to produce great cuts in metal whether it be for art or dimensioned parts. A portion of one day will be spent learning about the wiring and mechanics of the table itself which will come in handy should you need to troubleshoot problems with your machine!

The final day of instruction will be an in-depth look at the powerful CAD capabilities in Design Edge. We will work on a project together to go from a picture to a cut ready file. We will build on the information from the first 2 days and learn how tools can be used in combination, reference points can be established, and how to get the most out of your Advanced Design software. If you want to Make Money in Metal Art or Draw Dimensioned Parts quickly then this last day is a must!

Your ticket includes:
  • Workshop enrollment and study materials.
    Lunch on each enrolled day.
    Coffee, tea, and water daily
    Access to Learn Plasmacam Facebook Group for any questions or help after the class!
    Free shuttle to the airport. (if needed)
We have a group rate of $108 per night (not including tax). You will be responsible for reserving your room if needed. Room includes complimentary breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi, Parking, and No Resort Fees. If you are flying, you will have to take a taxi, Uber, etc to the hotel - shuttle will be provided for your departure if you wish. If you aren't too tired in the evenings, there is a free shuttle to and from several locations on the strip. I will have a few extra laptops with DesignEdge seats but if you've been considering it, now is a great time to get that extra seat so you can design anywhere and bring it to the class and have one all to yourself!

** Because class size is limited and many must make advance travel arrangements, registration is NON-REFUNDABLE but it is transferable to someone on the waiting list should the class be full. **

* FourNinety Creations, LLC and Learn PC, LLC are not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. We offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
rdj357

Re: PlasmaCAM/Samson/GoTorch Training

Post by rdj357 »

The workshop is half full and we have just over 11 weeks to go! If you're thinking of coming, don't wait too long or you'll miss this one! Vegas flights are pretty cheap if booked this far in advance!

If you have any questions that I can answer about the class just let me know.

Thanks! - Robert
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Vegas class is over half full! Next dates will be published soon - looking like the first week of December in Tulsa, OK!

Here's one I drew up this morning while having come coffee - 100% in Design Edge.
Zebra-490.jpg
From this picture:
ZebraPair_001_Web_1-1024x683.jpg
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

For those interested in the middle of the country, Tulsa OK workshop is confirmed for December 6th-8th!

Tulsa OK Plasmacam Workshop Registration
DJC
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DJC »

I am sorry if this info. is posted somewhere already I didn't see it. I have been away from school working all summer and now that school is starting up again I am just now back on the computer. Are there any spots still available at the Vegas workshop (hopefully 2, myself and another teacher) we may be able to attend if spots are still open. Thanks!
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

As of this morning there are 3 spots left, we'd love to have you!

Las Vegas Workshop Registration
Micha
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Micha »

This is an AWESOME opportunity! Robert Johnson is a great teacher, we are so grateful for the training we received from him.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Thank you, Micha!

I love teaching what I've learned and my hope is that I can shave 5 years off of the learning curve for as many as I can!
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

This is the week we take Vegas by storm! Excited to meet the class and level up some skills!!

Learn PC.jpg

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”