need new computer

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
markdavidson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

need new computer

Post by markdavidson »

long time listener... first time caller..

Design Edge 4.37
we have been fighting connectivity since day one. (going on about 3 yrs or so)
lately we have been using with great success, fan-less, completely solid state industrial PC's for HMI in our plant.
On a whim, I looked around for offerings with a parallel port, and found several.
I feel with this I can mount the PC VERY close to the controller, making my parallel connections as short as possible.
with conventional PC's this isn't practical because as we know the conditions near the controller closely mimic HELL.
anyone try this?
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: need new computer

Post by tcaudle »

First you have to find a user still using a Parallel Port then you have to find someone that is willing to spend the time and $$ to convert to a new computer. Moving the computer close to the plasma table may solve some of your problems with the parallel port issues but bring others.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Mark.

Did you look at the Logic Supply brand? they have a lot of customization options, I was leaning towards them for my 6x12 build until I found the Masso controller.
markdavidson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by markdavidson »

tcaudle wrote:First you have to find a user still using a Parallel Port then you have to find someone that is willing to spend the time and $$ to convert to a new computer. Moving the computer close to the plasma table may solve some of your problems with the parallel port issues but bring others.
still using a parallel port? not aware there is another option
markdavidson
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by markdavidson »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote:Mark.

Did you look at the Logic Supply brand? they have a lot of customization options, I was leaning towards them for my 6x12 build until I found the Masso controller.
color me intrigued

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”