Cut path problem

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
michelle
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Cut path problem

Post by michelle »

Can someone explain what is happening with these cut paths? We recently upgraded from 3.11 so we haven't seen this issue before. Thanks!

Michelle
RESERVE GERT.pcm
(458.9 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cut path problem

Post by rdj357 »

If you upgraded you should have advanced design - go to the offset/convert tab and make sure you have exclude crossovers checked. Also double check your kerf setting, for most thin gauge materials that I'd expect to see these cut from, it's close to .045 - be sure to enter the whole kerf, unlike 3.11 it will automatically only offset half the kerf distance.

I cleaned up the paths a little, the E has a loop on it that's in the font so it should be trimmed off and relinked.
RESERVE GERT Revised.pcm
(658.74 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
michelle
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by michelle »

That's exactly what it was! Thanks so much for taking the time to help me!
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

No problem, any time!
viebrocj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by viebrocj »

Robert,
Thank you so much. I found you Youtube videos this morning. I have been having this same type of issue. I appreciate your help. Is there a chart somewhere that provides reference examples for settings? I had a chart previously for the 3.11 software, but I cannot find one for the new Design Edge.

Best Agricultural Regards,

Johnny D. Viebrock
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Johnny,

I'm not sure there is a reference and I've been trying to have time to make the next video and that's going to be the exact topic. As soon as I have some of these 'fires' put out I'll get it done and should be a help!

If you're talking about things like I cut height, speed, etc. then the best place to get those is the cutter manual. If you have other questions or need a point of reference, feel free to shoot me a text at 918-457-0289. If a phone call is better then let me know and I'll try to get to a stopping spot where I can take your call!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”