Cut height Problems

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
ManateeMatPro
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cut height Problems

Post by ManateeMatPro »

I just recently completed the DHC to DHC2 upgrade along with the switch to Design Edge. I am having trouble with consistent cut heights. Every pierce seems to be at a different height and as it is making longer cuts, the torch keeps plunging into the metal to the point where it shuts down the cut. I am very new to this whole process and am sure it is a simple setting I have wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
conradestrada
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cut height Problems

Post by conradestrada »

I am having the same issue and since January that I changed to design edge. I have gone through two controllers and as we all know they aren't cheep we all know. I have two plasma tables and just lost total control of the second machine and have know idea where to go or turn now. Is anyone else having issues with this?
Francisco

Re: Cut height Problems

Post by Francisco »

1 - When you change settings, or consumables, or when you start a new sheet, tick the Z-shift and arc voltage shift "auto calibrate on next cut" functions under the Height Control settings tab.

2 - I don't remember now if the option is under Height Control or under Machine Control, but you should specify that height control is to be disabled when cut speed drops below xx % of nominal (we use 85%, I think).

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”