$5 if someone with the Advanced Design Software can convert my PCM file to DXF

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Texan95
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

$5 if someone with the Advanced Design Software can convert my PCM file to DXF

Post by Texan95 »

Howdy!

I'm a hobbyist who uses the basic PlasmaCAM DesignEdge at my college. I wanted to convert my PCM file to DXF but I just found out you need the $1000 Advanced Design Software update to do so :/

I really need my file converted and am stuck at an impasse. I would pay someone $5 over PayPal if they can pop my file into Advanced Design Software and export it as a DXF file.

Thanks and I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by offering to pay.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: $5 if someone with the Advanced Design Software can convert my PCM file to DXF

Post by jimcolt »

You can convert to a .dxf with your software, I'm sure. Open up your software, open up your desired PCM drawing file, under the file tab choose export......and send it to any folder you want....it will be in .dxf format if you use the export function. Jim Colt
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: $5 if someone with the Advanced Design Software can convert my PCM file to DXF

Post by rdj357 »

jimcolt wrote:You can convert to a .dxf with your software, I'm sure. Open up your software, open up your desired PCM drawing file, under the file tab choose export......and send it to any folder you want....it will be in .dxf format if you use the export function. Jim Colt
That requires the Advanced Design upgrade Jim, it is not an option in basic design. I've private messaged him and for anyone else that needs it done they can contact me as well. I'm usually at my computer off and on during the day and can send them back pretty quick. It's one of those features like metric units that should be included in all levels at no additional charge.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”