auto scaling from cad

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Buzzard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

auto scaling from cad

Post by Buzzard »

For over a year, we have been drawing on autocad and pulling up in design edge without a problem. Now, every dxf we pull up off of cad, the drawing is really small and in the home area of the table. Before, the drawing came up off the table area, but it was to scale and we could just drag it into place. Some of the parts we cut are precision parts. We tried a new flash drive but no dice. New hands have been on the plasma cam. Could a setting change be causing this problem? :?
1MORECUT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: auto scaling from cad

Post by 1MORECUT »

Are you up to date with the software ?? Its at 4.44 .

John
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

check that you're exporting/importing in the same units
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Unless you have the metric units upgrade for Design Edge, it is operating in inches and I know of no way to change that. I use multiple programs to create and save dxf files. One of them only exports in cm, Design Edge is only in inches, and one can switch between the two.

Autocad however can be changed but I don't use it so I don't know other than to tell you to look for the drawing setup screen.

If your drawings are coming into Design Edge *and* Design Edge is in inches, your units in the dxf must be larger. You probably have AutoCad set to meters or feet. Change it to inches and you should be fine.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”