plasmacam settings

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

plasmacam settings

Post by vickiegib1 »

theres a a lot of people who know what their doing so say this is your plasmacam DH2 with thermal dynamics 52 up to 60 amps and your cutting 1/8 inch sheet metal what settings would have on it all settings in the plasmacam settings peirce height , kerf and so on and so on just need HELP getting started

reading some of the replys i use plasmacam software and dont know what explode and smooth do. and is there a shortcut key for stretch points ? just
GeorgeNewman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: plasmacam settings

Post by GeorgeNewman »

The best places to get help are the plasma cam owners section of the PlasmaCam website and Plasma Pig in yahoo groups. Those places are checked several times a day by a tech from PCam. There is probably a number of people there that have the same setup you have and can give you advice. I use a Hypertherm cutter, so my settings wouldn't be the same as yours.

George
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vickiegib1 »

thanks
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by geo4932 »

vickiegib1 wrote:theres a a lot of people who know what their doing so say this is your plasmacam DH2 with thermal dynamics 52 up to 60 amps and your cutting 1/8 inch sheet metal what settings would have on it all settings in the plasmacam settings peirce height , kerf and so on and so on just need HELP getting started

reading some of the replys i use plasmacam software and dont know what explode and smooth do. and is there a shortcut key for stretch points ? just
Vickie,
You should look in your Thermal Dynamics manual for the recommended pierce height, pierce delay and cut speed. The get the KERF you have to make a cut and measure how wide the cut is. A digital caliper is handy for that.

EXPLODE will break up a design into individual line segments. You would use EXPLODE and then LINK SEGMENTS to join the lines together again to get rid of little intersections.
SMOOTH helps to get rid of the jaggedness in some lines. You select the line and then select the EDIT-SMOOTH function. Type in a smoothing margin. Start with .005 and see the results. If you don't like the results just UNDO and try a different number. You can use a larger or smaller number depending on how it looks to you. The problem that most people have is that they copy an image from the internet that is very low resolution and then fight with it. Garbage In, Garbage Out is the old computer motto. Look for high resolution images.
There is no shortcut key for stretch points.
george
GeorgeNewman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GeorgeNewman »

ALT then e then 5 down arrows then Enter will get streach points

George

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”