Insert text on a path

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Searchman
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Insert text on a path

Post by Searchman »

I am using version 3.11 Plasmacam software. I need help to put text on a path, like a rectangle or square. The text would need to extend outside of the border of the object and stay attached when cut. Thanks
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Insert text on a path

Post by PlasmaMac »

If you upgrade to plasmacams designedge, something like this can be accomplished in about 3 seconds, no joke. There are a hundreds of other features that make the upgrade to designedge totally worth while as well.

[img]
sm12216.JPG
[/img]
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

I know it stings to think about plunking down some $5,000.00 for the DesignEdge software with the three main upgrades, Advanced Design Software, Advanced Machine Control and Advanced Height Control, but when you bite the bullet and do it, you will not regret it. The software is just FUN to use, and EASY too.

Joe
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

What you want can be done with a lot of the free CAD software programs and then exported as dxf and imported into Plasmacam.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

That is true. Even Google SketchUp can be used to make DXF files that can be imported into DesignEdge. Inkscape can make DXF files, as well as Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD and others. Draftsight also works.

I don't know that they work AS WELL as DesignEdge or create files AS EASY as DesignEdge, or function in the same way. There is also the issue of learning another software program, but the price of the DesignEdge upgrades serves as great motivation to seek workable alternatives!

There are APPS you can get for your iPad that will also create DXF files that can be imported into DesignEdge. 53 Paper is one of them. Concepts is another one. There are many other drawing programs for the iPad and iPhone that will work.

PlasmaCam is very proud of their DesignEdge software, and I disagree with their a la carte method of selling upgrades, but I don't own the company so ... I DO find DesignEdge extremely easy to learn and use.

Joe
Wolf-logic
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Wolf-logic »

Or Using Vector magic just import a jpg and follow the prompts.. that easy

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”