is there an update for the old plasma cam software

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Teelssteel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

is there an update for the old plasma cam software

Post by Teelssteel »

is there a update to the old plas cam software i have the software that cam with mine back in 2010 and was wondering if there was any thing new other then the design edge dont want to spend the money on it
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: is there an update for the old plasma cam software

Post by Joe Jones »

No, the 3.11 software was not updated. The NEW software, "DesignEdge" is really great, but it means you will need to bite the bullet and purchase it.

Now, the RUMOR is that PlasmaCam is creating a DHC to DHC2 upgrade kit. I do not know what this will include. I assume it will be a major upgrade, and knowing PlasmaCam, it will come at a major price. :lol: However, if the upgrade package includes the things needed to make a REAL table, it will be worth the price.

If this upgrade gives you a new carriage assembly with the newer, bigger, stronger Z-axis motor, the necessary cables, and the DesignEdge software including the "advanced" design, height control and machine control upgrades, as well as Metric Units and maybe ... even MAYBE the Customizable Size upgrade, then it would be worth the price. My GUESS is the upgrade will be in the neighborhood of $6,000.00, less than the cost of actually buying a new table with those software upgrades.

PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: is there an update for the old plasma cam software

Post by PlasmaMac »

It is available now. It is very solid deal since getting a new machine with the same options would run in the neighborhood of $16,000. The kit is $5980 ( w/ the Designedge upgrade included).

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”