3.11 material config list didn't transfer

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
i_r_machinist
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

3.11 material config list didn't transfer

Post by i_r_machinist »

I have a new refurb computer that I transferred my v.3.11 software onto. Program pops up and runs great, but my materials list isn't there. I've spent years on that list. Is it gone? Where could it be?
Any help appreciated!
i_r_
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: 3.11 material config list didn't transfer

Post by PlasmaMac »

I would get in touch with plasmacam's tech support and they could most definitely help advise you with this.

I work mainly with plasmacam's newer Designedge software (which you can upgrade to), so it has been a while since I messed around with 3.11.

If you simply took the 3.11 disc and installed it on the new computer, you would be effectively installing the software as if it were fresh and with out and of the configurations that were saved previously. So things like previous settings from before wouldn't be there.

I know that there is a configuration file that keeps all that information, but it would have been saved on your original PC. I think that your options would be to either re-input them all in manually or if there were a way to recover the config file from your previous pc, you may be able to replace with the one on your new computer. Sometimes this is not possible though and would depend on your ability to recover data that was on the previous PC.

If worse comes to worse, and you had to manually input settings for metal cutting, the manual that came with your plasma cutter could help. Hypertherm's operators manual has some very good "Torch Set Up" charts that pretty much have all of the settings in place that you'll need for metal cutting (ie cut speeds, torch to work distances, ect). If you had to do this with the torch set up sheets, this wouldn't take very long to do.

Like I said though, plasmacams tech support would be very helpful in advising the best route to take on this one.

And If you haven't already, definitely check out the upgrade to designedge if you get a chance. It makes everything from machine performance to design work much better, smoother and more efficient.

Good Luck Brother!

JAG
1MORECUT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 1MORECUT »

Do you still have your old computer? You will have to copy all the configurations from it.

John
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

Agreed, that is pretty much the only way.

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”