Opinions on the Plasmacam Software upgrades and bad motors

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Sandmi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Opinions on the Plasmacam Software upgrades and bad motors

Post by Sandmi »

Hello I'm just another guy trying to sift through all of the confusion with plasmacam's design software packages. I don't seem too always get the straight forward answer when i'm on online forums about my samson 5X10 Plasma table. I was really hoping too talk over the phone with someone about your own table and how you feel about the design Edge software and what to get. I just recently had my z axis motor go out which may have been the source of many years of stessfull random torch movements/ crashes while cutting and would like to discuss that also. If you would possibly have time over a weekend to talk for a few please let me know Via Cell @ 320 290 3409 and Email: Sandmi40@gmail.com

P.S I currently have Version 3.11 software with the Advanced Height Ohmic Control, the Table is around 8 years old but not that many hr's of run time on it because of constant random and illogical problems with no rhyme to reason. Thankyou very much for your time.
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Opinions on the Plasmacam Software upgrades and bad motors

Post by PlasmaMac »

Hi Sandmi,

It is actually all pretty simply if you are upgrading from your 3.11 to the designedge because owners that have the previous version are offer 1 package that has the main software upgrades at the really good price. Basically the Designedge software upgrade package that is offered for machine owners that ran 3.11 ONLY already has the Advanced Height Control, Advanced Machine Control and the Advanced design program at a discounted price. Apparently there is a money back guarantee, so the worst that can happen is that you get your money back. I will give their sales department a call and they can go over it with you.

I would call plasmacam's technical support team if you have having any other issues. They are really good at what they do and have never failed to solve any issues that I have had every single time that I have talked to them. Almost every issue I have ever had with the machine was due to my own negligence and really had nothing with the machine (ie..forgetting to ground the machine, or cutter..or not having my height control auto-zero functions checked). If you retained a copy of your video instruction manual, take a look at it because it will explain a lot of things to watch out. I still reference sometimes when I need to (usually only to realize that I forgot to do something really simple).

Good luck Brother,

JAG
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ironman »

As long as you are aware that every feature that you now take for granted in 3.11, has a price tag on it and is over and above the cost. All reports are that it is a great package.
Personally, they will have to pry 3.11 from my cold dead hands. :D
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Here is a PDF I did showing what features are available in each version.
My opinion is the Design Edge software is excellent at what it does, generating 2D cut paths. It's "Snap" & ""@" commands are huge time savers and guarantee the accuracy of my cuts. When I turn my 2D cuts into 3D pieces I never have to worry if the holes will line up.
Craig Johnson

http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 798#p46662
Craig Johnson
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by see&see »

BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

All PlasmaCam software 20% off Nov 27 thru Nov 30.. :mrgreen:
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x
Sandmi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Sandmi »

Thank you very much for all the posts every one they were helpful ! I never got emails back to my main email for some reason so i never bothered to check for the longest time. I seem to have all the features now figured out and have come to a very good understanding of all the software. Thank you again for all the help!
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

Good deal! Hope you got to take advantage that sale this weekend. Keep us posted on how it goes.

- JAG :)

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”