DXF to new?

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
ryno fab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

DXF to new?

Post by ryno fab »

hey guys,
new to this site. its awesome by the way.
when i try to open a downloaded DXF i get a message saying that my pcam does not recognize the file because its to new. talked to keith at pcam about it. he says that i need to download a version 13 or older dxf for the pcam to be able to open it. is there any way around that? how do i know if its 13 or older? suggestions?
ryno fab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: DXF to new?

Post by ryno fab »

yea i just got my pcam and im finding out that im going to have to get a real cad program. corel draw seems to be the one i hear about most. i have a buddy that has it. i guess i could e-mail him the files and have him convert them and soot em back. at least till i get my own program.
TammyVB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by TammyVB »

I have an older version of PlasmaCam software and a much newer version. If you want to post the dxf file or e-mail it to me, I can try importing it into my software and then exporting and sending it back to you to see if that makes a difference for you.
Metal Man
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Metal Man »

if Im hearing right you are opening the file instead of IMPORTING. You have to use the importing function anytime it is any type file BUT plasmacam.will check back later

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”