It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

plasma cam 3.11 software

Post your questions or tips on Plasmacam software in this topic.
kenny

plasma cam 3.11 software

Postby kenny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Anyone out there using the old 3.11 software, I need help with import, export and converting a messy drawing to a clean one. If you live close to Pueblo Colorado I would love to take a few lessons.
Ken

AnotherDano
Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasma cam 3.11 software

Postby AnotherDano » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:33 pm

You aren't far from the factory. Ask them if they have any on-site training. They might even have an employee who does a bit of freelancing.
If you want to take a scenic drive through Denver :( come on up to Laramie and we'll make a day or two of it.

Dano
Dano Roberts
[email protected]
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday

MIFab

Postby MIFab » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 am

Hey did you find help?

kenny

Postby kenny » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

AnotherDano wrote:You aren't far from the factory. Ask them if they have any on-site training. They might even have an employee who does a bit of freelancing.
If you want to take a scenic drive through Denver :( come on up to Laramie and we'll make a day or two of it.

Dano

I live about 30 miles from headquarters, and I have been there several times, they offer no classes. They will help if you set up an appointment. Usually for just small issues. Several of the workers live just a few miles from me and they are not allowed to help.

MIFab

Postby MIFab » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:27 pm

One of the workers was on a Facebook page and had posted some pics and what not one night then the next day he had pulled all pics and everything from the page and even fell off of facebook. Why is Plasamacam so afraid of helping its customer's out?

MIFab

Postby MIFab » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 pm

what do you need to know about import export for starters?

PlasmaMac

Postby PlasmaMac » Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

You can get the DesignEDGE for an older plasmacam pretty easily and from what I know and have seen, the designedge saves you a ton of time, especially when working with images compared to the older 3.11 software.

With designedge youll be able to import JPEG images directly in the program (with NO need to convert them into a BMP with MS paint first!!!! and best of all, you would no longer have to deal with all of the editing nightmares that can take up a ton of time). You can set up the Designedge to basically keep any sort of editing time to an absolute bare minimum! Some of the work that use to take hours to do other programs and is completely done and ready to cut in fraction of the time (even minutes most of the time)....I save a ton of time compared to pretty much any other CNC plasma based software that I have used.

You can even trace directly over the imported picture on the screen, And pretty easily turn this:
bb2.jpeg

Into this:
Walter White.JPG

There is no doubt that the differences between the Designedge software and the older software, is immense. The designedge is also loaded with a ton of other features that make life easier, for example there over 500 fonts that are specifically made for metal working already loaded into the program. You can automatically stencil text too (so letters like "O", ect... do not fall out). You can also do things like combine text to different objects, and even fit text to different paths (ie and arc) part with a click of a mouse, instead of doing this work manually. Another feature that I enjoy really nice shape and parts library (with things like parts already per-loaded in them like flanges, gears, sprockets, saw blades, fan blades, and much more that I am not mentioning).

One of my favorite features, out of many that are included with Designedge, that is an absolute time saver is the ability to detect and fix over-lapping intersections when converting to a cut path (this feature alone can save you hours on a complicated art scene!). There are literally hundreds of features in designEDGE compared to the previous versions that not only save me money....but time (which is far more valuable to me personally). You couldn't pay me to go back to using any other software for CNC plasma cutting!(even 3.11)

Let me know if I can help. Good luck Brother,

JAG :idea:

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

abmetal

Postby abmetal » Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 pm

JAG,
I'd asked in an earlier post but for some reason the post disappeared....do you have the basic Designedge, advanced, or what? I've considered upgrading for some time but just haven't done it.

Allen

PlasmaMac

Postby PlasmaMac » Fri May 15, 2015 7:49 pm

I got the advanced Designedge. It is worth every penny and if you use your machine at all, it will pays for it self!
'Plasmacam offers a 30 money back grantee for any software upgrades. Definitely give it a shot, I am sure that you'll love it as much as I do.

Let me know if I can help.

JAG

contraptionist

Postby contraptionist » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Is there a place I can get the old design edge software or a place to download it, our machine we got used doesn`t have it, we would to see what the machine can do, the tech guy at plasmacam says we have a old machine and to look for someone with old software or buy the new software from them, thank you, tom.

justjiuit

Postby justjiuit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 am

Does anyone have the old version, my son accidently loaded the new version and Plasmacam told me to delete it and it deleted all the software completely.

Thanks!

Return to “Plasmacam Software”