new to plasma cutting

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
chris
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

new to plasma cutting

Post by chris »

hello everyone, i have quick question to ask im from tn and i build powdercoating systems for a guy here who also sells the powder paint. he recently purchased a plamsa table i cant tell you much about it at this point as i haven,t had the chance to play with it due to the guns i build are selling faster than i can make them.but we know that wont last forever . my boss got this thing and he know a little about its workings but i dont have a clue.he wants to start doing some things with it. this is my question. Do i need to take some classes for this thing ,is it a trial an error thing ,or is it even probable that i can become efficent at runnning this thing in a reasonable amount of time.I can weld I can use a plasma cutter and a cutting torch but as far as i can see it doesnt really apply to this.I think the programs used to run it are plasmacam and vcarve.thanks for your time i did go ahead and get the collections on this site maybe someday i can cut em .lol
peepers
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: new to plasma cutting

Post by peepers »

Where in Tennessee are you?
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Chris; PM sent
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
chris
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by chris »

columbia,tn
salambert6
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by salambert6 »

Hi Chris,
My husband and I are new as well. He has no clue as to running a computer but he is great at welding. So to answer your question, I don't believe you need to go to a class to learn how to operate the plasmacam. We purchased a plasmacam in august and I, who knew nothing about a cutting torch or very little about welding, taught myself to run the plasmacam. It's all computerized! I had to read the manually, which I know most guys, including my husband, do not like to read manuals. But you can teach yourself and this website it also a great way to learn and to communicate to find out any questions or problems you may have down the road. So once you get started, hang in there you'll get! Best of luck!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”