DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap

Post by MIFab »

Ok so I'm looking at maybe upgrading from plasamacam V3.11 to the DesignEdge Software and Im looking at the Owners community and I see two options what do I need ?

1.DesignEdge Software Upgrade (Model DHC)
PlasmaCAM DesignEdge software upgrade available to Model DHC machine owners with pre-version 4.0 software. Includes advanced design, machine control, and height control upgrades. Also includes free sample art disc and video instruction manual. Cost xxxx

2.Advanced Design Software Upgrade
Adds the advanced design software level to a machine that already has the basic design software. Provides many additional CAD features for expert drawing and editing. Several of the features are useful for designing artistic projects and for working with photos and scanned images. Cost xxx

Im also looking at the order form that was sent to me from P/C when I was talking to them on the phone and there is only one option that can be checked and thats Advanced Design Software for xxx...

O when they say one License does that mean if I install it on a computer and it takes a dump I need to buy another license
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DesignEdge Software ordering questions need help asap

Post by BrianMick »

I would buy the advanced with all the bells and whistles...you have a lot more design options (you can also export dxf I believe) you are upgrading from 3.11 so you will need the first option for 1995.00
the second option is if you already have the basic design edge with hardly any options
the licence is only good for one computer at a time. It is transferable you just have to uninstal it then you can reinstall on another computer...If the computer would crash and you are not able to uninstal the software you will have to call tech support and they can manually free up the license
Brian

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”