Torchmate CAD for Beginners

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
art&fire
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Torchmate CAD for Beginners

Post by art&fire »

It is not easy to jump into a new venture! The Torchmate CAD software is supposed to be "easy enough for" small shops and garage enthusiasts. I have some knowledge of Photoshop and AutoCad. That qualifies me for general computer knowledge and above average. The use of Torchmate CAD is still not easy to learn and quite confusing for me as a Beginner. Since Torchmate offers the 2x2 and 2x4 and upgradeable system options, the demand for answers on basics will be required in the near future. Let's help each other.
I am new to all of the cnc world and I wish I had more general resources.

Beginners want information about set-up, start-up and,

Do's and Don'ts
Shortcuts and Simple Solution
Tips and Tricks

A Beginner will eventually become a potential source of information.
TorchMate 2x4
Powermax 65
Torchmate CAD
AutoCad LT
Photo Shop
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Torchmate CAD for Beginners

Post by jmsrbrt »

Are you looking to compile information into a book, or do you a specific question? I'm using TMCAD so maybe I can answer something for you? jmsrbrt at gmail dot com
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
art&fire
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by art&fire »

Hi jmsrbrt,

I have about 10 hours into studying TorchmateCad. Learning the basics of AutoCad and Photoshop was no challange because I took classroom courses. There should be some video tutorials for TorchmateCAD since Torchmate will sell the 2x2 and 2x4 to the average small shop with no experiance required. I just wish that some users would post step by step tutorials on how they accomplished projects. I know that I will post some procedures ones I've managed to use the software. I respect the creativity of everybody, but since the files are open for registred members why not give some tips and tricks, do's and dont's

Tx for your time
TorchMate 2x4
Powermax 65
Torchmate CAD
AutoCad LT
Photo Shop
aicomp
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by aicomp »

On the Torchmate forum in Pirate 4X4 there is a tutorial. So far there have been three sessions that can be downloaded and viewed.
http://www.PenningtonFab.com
Torchmate 3 with Accumove 3
Hypertherm 1250
Hypertherm 85
Hypertherm 380
Lincoln V205T Tig
Lincoln wirematic 250
Eastwood 175 with Spoolgun
Eastwood 135 Mig
Baxter
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Baxter »

They have a list of vid tutorials on pirate.I however found the software to be a joke in some areas and others not.I generate my drawing in one software and import it TM cad to edit it.I like the way the editing works on TM cad.Watch the vids and make the decision for yourself.But if you can draw in autocad with ease then just import to TMcad.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by larrycameron44 »

Absolutely watch the videos 1 2 & 3 on Pirate, they are wonderful as I had no experience in drawing with CAD and after having the program for a month I am doing so much importing exporting, adjusting nodes, text to graphics welding basic, And Welding and XOR welding, nexting arrays, its dam easy once you watch the videos mate, check them out!

Larry
NZ
garyroushkolb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by garyroushkolb »

I agree with larry, watch the videos but also take notes and print out some of the pages from the manuals like a list of shortcuts and things like "undo".
art&fire
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by art&fire »

Hi and thanks to everybody,
Sorry I haven't been on here lately.
I just got back into plasma spider.
You guys are right! ones you get it, its quite easy.
One Year later. Made from scratch
One Year later. Made from scratch
TorchMate 2x4
Powermax 65
Torchmate CAD
AutoCad LT
Photo Shop
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

garyroushkolb wrote:I agree with larry, watch the videos but also take notes and print out some of the pages from the manuals like a list of shortcuts and things like "undo".
yes i totally agree with this .. the videos and short cut pages are life savers.. i don't think anyone could ever remember everything it can do but with practice you will be able to remember the main stuff you use everyday.I challenge myself once a month to stop working on jobs and just try something new with the software just to keep myself up on what it can do

Return to “Torchmate Software”