Torchmate DXF import issues maybe solved

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
crbattery
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torchmate DXF import issues maybe solved

Post by crbattery »

I had been having a real issue with the curly tree of life file when I imported or opened the dxf file in my torchmate 8 or 9 cad software. Tons of open spaces that i have spent a couple hours on fixing and still had not gotten them all. The toll path just wouldnt work out and i had kinda given up on it.

today i decided to download the SVG format and bring that into TM cad and do a trace from there. Low and behold I imported and clicked i\on it and it came up in group layer view. i closed out of that, and clicked on the image again, than made a path of it all. It looked good so I decided to show fill and bam. There it was, all fill showed perfectly. I converted to polygon to reduce the nodes then put a toolpath on it. Toolpath looked great so I brought it over to cut and 25 minutes later I had a 26" Curly tree of life from 16 gauge stainless steel. We have an abundance of that material at work from an almost constant job we do and get to keep the drops. I am traveling 1200 miles round trip this weekend to buy my own 5x10 Torchmate 2 table with the Accumove 3 retro on it. Super pumped to be able to cut my stuff at home.

So back to the topic. Maybe folks already know this, maybe not. Maybe this only worked with this file but wont work again. I do not have time to mess with more files right now but am super pumped to do so. I know there are others out there with Torchmates that have been having issues. Hopefully this will work for all problem files I as well as others encounter.
Maadman
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Torchmate DXF import issues maybe solved

Post by Maadman »

Thanks crbattery! I will try that next time. I, too, have a lot of problems with that.
Congrats on your new purchase! I know you will have a lot of fun with it, we sure have!!! We only have a 2x4 table, but it does almost everything we want. Have fun!!!!
crbattery
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Torchmate DXF import issues maybe solved

Post by crbattery »

I wanted to report i have been having very good luck with SVG files on TM cad 8 and 9.
Made it home with the table but have not had a chance to put it back together and get it running again. Hopefully this weekend

Return to “Torchmate Software”