expanding table use

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
billphillips
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

expanding table use

Post by billphillips »

I have started playing around with a 2500mW laser , has anyone successfully integrated this type of unit as an additional tool onto a torchmate table

both systems use G code so there should be some way to interface them

I would like to use the laser to engrave on wood backing for some of my art work to enhance the presentation

I would think that using the plasma on/off command to switch the laser module but my problem is I can't locate schematics of my control boards
since I have misplaced my manual

the main reason for attempting this is to increase the size capability of my laser my old torchmate is 2000 vintage 4x4 while my laser platform is only 300x400 mm in size

can anyone help me please and thank you

Bill
WyoGreen
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: expanding table use

Post by WyoGreen »

Bill,

I use a laser to do what you want to do on my CNC router table. It's really just a matter of using the right post and turning on an Aux relay from the control program to turn on the power to the laser. I'm using a router post, and turning on the laser much as I would a router. I know nothing about your Torchmate, so I can't offer any help there.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
billphillips
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by billphillips »

thanks wyo

will check that out tomorrow and see if the program has the ability to add extra tooling

I was thinking of how it would interface with the g code program as it exists in the machine
the latest grbl code 1.1e allows modulation of the laser wonder what version was around in 2000

bill
KKesner
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by KKesner »

Couldn't this be done the same way as a plate marker is installed on a torchmate, that is as another turret and use the same relay to turn on an off the laser?
"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."
billphillips
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by billphillips »

KKesner

I have never looked at additional tools for the torchmate, since I don't have access to electrical schematics or control board chipsets ,since I cannot find my books on the unit

I will check up on plate marker posts to see if they can tell me more info such as relays that were used

thanks
bill

Return to “Torchmate Software”