Stretching / Duplicating a complex shape

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Stretching / Duplicating a complex shape

Post by No Class »

I am hoping someone can help me with a something I am struggling with. I have a complex shape (attached) that I am trying to make a layered sign from. I would like to have a uniform "border" around the outside of 2 inches. With a standard oval or rectangle or any other standard shape it is relatively easy. This shape however when scaled up or down doesn't leave a uniform "border" around the perimeter. Short of moving each node individually in the areas that are not cooperating I am stumped. This is not the first time I have run into this problem. Ironically it is not allowing me to attach a .CDL file so I have created an online cutpath and attached it as a .dxf

Thanks in advance.

No Class
Attachments
Shape DXF.dxf
(15.72 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Stretching / Duplicating a complex shape

Post by Gamelord »

IF you are using Corel Draw or Inkscape, you would want to use the Contour tool. This will do what you want. This topic may help.
http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14750
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by No Class »

Thanks Gamelord. I was hoping Torchmate CAD had a function to do that. Maybe its time to invest in Corel Draw.

Thanks
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by No Class »

Well I think I have a solution. I went and created another tool in my tool library and set the tool diameter at 2.5" When I create male tool path it shows a perfect contour around the perimeter. I am going to try it out tomorrow.
jakedog
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jakedog »

messge me, there is a simple way to that in torchmate

Return to “Torchmate Software”