cad help please

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
welding
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

cad help please

Post by welding »

I need to cut a wheel hub. I have the torchmate cross lazer on my maching. I would like to be able to do the drawing so I could have the machine move to the center of each bolt hole, and then I could mark the plate using the cross lazer and a soap stone. By doing this I can then drill a better hole with my mag drill after I cut the part out. Not sure how I can do this. I know how to use the array feature to put the bolt pattern in, but how can I get it so the machine will move to the centerline a stop? Thanks Andy
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: cad help please

Post by Gamelord »

If you can draw a crosshair line on your cut drawing where the bolt holes are then you could replace your cutting torch with a sharpie and then tape over where the hole will go on the steel. Run the program without cutting and it will DRAW the crosshair line instead of cutting it, marking exactly where your hole centers are. Then, once it is marked, change the pen back to the torch and cut the outter rings without the bolt hole marks.

Hope this makes sense.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: cad help please

Post by Capstone »

Why not just put a very small circle in the middle of the bolt hole and have your plasma "peck" a hole in it for your Mag drill to center on?
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG

Return to “Torchmate Software”