Torchmate .edu to .dxf

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
Gustav129
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Torchmate .edu to .dxf

Post by Gustav129 »

Back in school years ago, my instructor installed a student version of Torchmate's CAD program on my computer so I could work on projects outside of school. I have many projects that I was able to convert to .dxf and cut while in school, but there were others that I didn't get to. Is there something out there to convert to .DXF besides having somebody with Torchmate convert them for me?

One thing I noticed about Torchmate's .DXF files, the only thing that appears in any of the CAD programs I load them into, only the tool paths appear. I'm more interested in the original drawings be in the .DXF than tool paths.
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Torchmate .edu to .dxf

Post by No Class »

I have a Edu Master version and don't mind coverting some files for you.....as long as there isn't 500 of them?!?!
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

When you exported them to dxf you exported the tool paths only.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

As Gamble says, click "View" at the top of the screen and be sure that "Show Tool Paths Only" is not checked. It's not Torchmates .dxf's as I've done MANY files for others and never had an issue. And to me that says a lot considering the multitude of software/g-code combinations in use.
FrostXL
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by FrostXL »

No Class, would you mind doing the same for 2 .edu files I have? It's 1 object per file, but I've not been able to find any alternative methods for converting them :(
No Class
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by No Class »

This slipped by me. Sorry. If it isn't too late I would be happy to convert them for you. Just post them and I'll get it done asap.

Return to “Torchmate Software”