cutting problem

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

cutting problem

Post by acourtjester »

HI
I was asked about a problem that I have no idea what the answer is and an asking for help here.
I supplied a guy with many DXF files and he said when they tried to cut them on a torchmate system it cut the lines twice.
Since I use SheetCam and Mach 3 I am lost as to what is going on. :oops: :shock:
Thanks Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: cutting problem

Post by Gamelord »

Hard to say without having the files to look at, but he may be using the torchmate program to create his toolpaths and then exporting the entire program out to torchmate cad to cut. If he does this without deleting the original drawing (which leaves only the toolpath to export) he may be cutting both the original drawing and then cutting the toolpath.

This may be his issue.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Thanks for the reply I will send this on to the guy.
The file has been used by myself and other many times I used sheetcam for the cut routine.

have fun and a Happy thanksgiving
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
rbealer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by rbealer »

Just had this same problem, found this thread then found another possible answer. This worked for me anyway. When you export the dxf theres a filter option on the screen that pops up. Make sure "tool paths only" is checked.
fullthrottle
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by fullthrottle »

Can anyone help with a new problem we are experiencing? Hypertherm 45xp... Starts cutting then stops skips a space then starts back cutting and does this multiple times while cutting the image therefore not able to use image bc it isn't completely cut out. Anyone please help
DaltonMurphy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DaltonMurphy »

i just go back through and delete everything thats not the tool path, make a part, put a tool path on it, well the toolpath runs right through the middle of that solid black line, the programmed line will be on the inside or outside of that solid black line, just delete it the toolpath wont go any or anything, if they are parts u plan on doing again, make sure you SAVE it without any toolpaths on it. always have 2 files for each part. with and without the toolpath, hope this helps.

Return to “Torchmate Software”