cut order

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

cut order

Post by Redneck »

I hope you guys can help. I am trying to change the order of the cuts on the interior of a part. It cuts out a large area on this particular piece, then goes back to make the smaller cuts, and with the larger area already gone, I have issues with deflection on the smaller cuts. I hope that makes sense. For another example, when cutting text in the inside of a sign, it would be like cutting the outside of the letters, then going back to cut out the center on "O's, D's" etc.

When I show the toolpath viewer, it shows the cut order of the object, but not the individual cuts on the object.

I'm probably overlooking something simple, but if you guys can help, I would appreciate it.

Btw.....I have the version 8 torchmate software.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: cut order

Post by ben de lappe »

I have Torchmate v7.1. Hopefully the tool path functions are similar. Once you have a tool path made for all on-line, female and male cuts complete, select "arrange" then choose "sequence". A menu will appear to the side with four options. Choosing "start sequence by list" should allow you change the cut order to what you desire by selecting which cut you want first.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

What software are you using? Knowing that would make it much easier to help you out.

Most programs, when creating your toolpaths, it will cut the top paths first and then move to the lower paths. So, you need to move the inside cuts to the top so they will cut first. Think of each path on it's own layer, the top one cuts first, then it moves to the next lower layer and cuts, then moves to the next lower layer, etc.... until it hits the bottom layer.

To move a cutpath from a lower layer to the higher layers, you can usually select the path and then use the CTRL and Page UP or the CTRL and Page Down buttons. Page up moves the path to the next layer up, page down is the next layer down.

Give this a try and see if that works for you.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
odha
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by odha »

here is a tutorial from the torchmate website that includes sequencing - several other useful tutorials there aslo. I hope this helps.

http://torchmate.com/news/50/137/Freque ... Tool-Paths

Return to “Torchmate Software”