Torchmate cad/cam

Torchmates software related questions and tips can be posted here
Roman
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torchmate cad/cam

Post by Roman »

Is torchmatecad/cam software worth the money?
cnchybrid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Torchmate cad/cam

Post by cnchybrid »

Compared to other options out there I would think so.

The cad takes some time to get comfortable with but with practice, like anything, it will happen with good results.

I have used Mach3 for a long time and I find that Torchmate 4 driver software is very user friendly.

I work with Torchmate Cad/Cam software everyday and help people use it all the time. It just takes some practice.

If you need some help with the drawing software I would be happy to help you out.

Other option is to purchase a cad software that you are comfortable with and export it out as a .dxf.
Than import that into Torchmate Cad software to do the tool pathing.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I draw everything in Corel or AI (Mostly Corel), then export to DXF, then import to Torchmate cam. It does toolpaths exceptionally easy with leadin's etc... Very easy to set the kerf, type of lead-in, length, etc. It also makes it super easy to sequence the parts so that the right pieces cut first and the right ones cut last. It also shows clockwise and C clockwise direction etc...

I think it works very well.
Roman
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Roman »

Thanks for info! Bought a retro kit and torchmatecad/cam today
cnchybrid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by cnchybrid »

Good for you. Can't wait to see you burn some cool stuff.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

If you are just doing plasma.torchmate cad is great well worth the money if you plan on doing anything else you might wanna go with something like aspire by vertric .. Torchmate cad is streamlines for plasma it takes awhile to learn all the short cuts and different ways to do everything you might wanna do but it does a great job at what it is designed for..Only issue i had or have with it and the one they don't tell you about before you buy it is....It will only write the g code to work with thier controller..It will not write g code that works with mach3 as it will not write the m3 and m5 to turn the torch off and on so you will need another post processor if you are gonna use it with anything other than a torchmate machine..Other than that the node editing is great .weld features are helpful,snap lines are a big time saver plus nesting and other features are a big time saver..

Return to “Torchmate Software”