trouble with downloaded dfx files

General software related questions should be posted here.
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

trouble with downloaded dfx files

Post by jackleg007 »

newbie here,just learning on my new table.running sheetcam and mach3.

i have been playing around with some dfx files i downloaded from this site.i am finding that most of the files do not cut properly,or do not even generate a toolpath.has anyone else noticed this,or is it something going on with my software?
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: trouble with downloaded dfx files

Post by muzza »

There are always the odd ones which don't work for me but most seem fine. I too use Sheetcam & Mach3 so post one you having trouble with and I'll check it out for you.
Murray
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jackleg007 »

hi murray.thanks for the reply.opened up a couple of files in autocad and saw some funny lines and start points.also,getting a few thing figured in sheetcam.had a buddy over that is a real computer whiz.he wrote a program to handle the g code and run mach3.looks like it may work awesomely,maybe better than sheetcam for what im doing.i will play a bit more.if i find more files that i am having trouble with i will get back to you....have you found a way to completely turn off the radiused corners without having to loop them?
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

I have never used the loop corners option. I'm sure it was one of the setup options in Sheetcam which I said no to. I'm about to head out the door but I'll check when I get back.
Murray
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

Just checked,
In Sheetcam, go to "Operations'
select "Plasma Cutting"
in the right hand corner you have 3 options of corner looping including "None" and a slider for if you select one of the others.
Murray
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jackleg007 »

will check that out in the morning,thanks again
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

If you're getting rounded corners on the cut part, it's not a SheetCAM issue. It's because either your machine acceleration is too low, your feedrate is too high or a combination of both. Machines with undersized motors sometimes have to run acceleration very low to avoid motor stall. In Mach3, go to Config -> General Config and turn on "Stop CV on Angles". If you set that to 89, it will run corners with angles greater than 89? in exact stop mode and will not round the corner.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jackleg007 »

will check that out as well.cranked up the acceleration abit and things seem abit smoother.slowly working some problems out.you guys are all great for the help you give...very awesome.hope i can jump in and help some people too.keep up the good work.many thanks to all:)

Return to “General Discussion”