using drawing table III and specail software to ...

General software related questions should be posted here.
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

using drawing table III and specail software to ...

Post by grogmeister »

using drawing table III and special software to generate files in a *.dxf format
The intesting part is the way its drawn it the way the torch cuts ,i draw left to right and the torch cuts the same direction ,we're having good luck with files and they can be cut accurately at a small size or very large size and it keeps the proprtionality no distortion

http://youtu.be/L_jLVQoUmNI various plasma cuts
Attachments
three.jpg
two.jpg
one.jpg
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: using drawing table III and specail software to ...

Post by jjellingson »

After watching your earlier video of the drawing table, I decided to pick up one of these tables. I set it up a couple of days ago and have little time on it. I did manage to use the trace software to generate a complex shaped part, and do a test cut on the plasma table. I was pleased with the accuracy of the part. I have more to learn about the software and currently having problems with getting drawings into autocad if I use lines and arcs. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have time to get past this problem. I like to use autocad for parts design,check for open lines, any editing I may need to do. I am sure with a little time in on the drawing table I will manage to get this sorted out. I have to say that I purchased the system for help with getting accurate drawing files from templates. I can't be more pleased with the accuracy and time savings for creating a dxf file, minutes not hours. Thanks again for posting your video's.
John
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

But did you get the logic cnc draw software from texsas! thats the one to get its accurate to .01
There is no autocad involved its draw right to a dxf and cut
stray cat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by stray cat »

Where could a guy get this and the sofware?
Groth
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Groth »

Interested in this also, I've looked on line but can't seem to locate the specific drawing pen/tablet and software. Could you post the details of the products your using.
Thanks
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

Logicgroup is who I bought my system from, check out the site. New and used systems. I also found it under calcomp, GOTC digitizers. Yes I have the software from Logic group, I think it is called logic trace dxf. I understand it turns the file directly into a dxf file and would probably cut this way. I just like to run things through autocad and see whats what. Any editing easy easily done in autocad. I have yet to figure out how to edit anything in logic trace... I assume this will come with time. What software are you using in the first few videos to check your vectors, looks like something for routers?
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

contact john.walsh@logicgroup.com and mention the videos ,he'll fix you right up

stan
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

because i'm running cnc laser/plasma/router i use vetric software to check and edit my files ,its aspire but you don't have to go that high,download a demo and try it ---it looks at vector quality
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

Thanks again, I will check the trial download. When you run the software in earlier videos it looked pretty cool. I will only be using plasma, but non the less it looks like a cool way to check parts. Especially the 3D effect. Also I noticed that while you are using you stylus in the video's that you "don't" appear to be using either one of the buttons when tracing or picking points. I seem to have difficulty at times trying to push the button to click the points and to trace I need to continually keep the button pushed. I have tried different settings for the stylus but have not had any luck getting this ironed out yet. Keep up the good work with posting video's. I myself and I am sure others are finding these informative as well as educational.
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

finally figured out the stylus, had to go line and read up. I guess almost all manuals are on line these days.
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

the buttons are not used
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

if you like to visit the site that shows this equipment ,and if you email john mention the grogmeister
check www.logicgroup.com
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

Correct me if I am wrong but you still have to draw on a tablet and not a regular desk right?
Brian
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

I bought a second hand drawing table III calcomp and a cordless pen ,its a cad table but i am not using the cad part of it ,just the driver and pen plus the software from logic group which john has designed for us CNC people(cnc laser/router/plasma)
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

this is to show how simple it is to make an exact copy of an object let alone a diagram using the draw software

http://youtu.be/ZBPSzPKAu2I cutting a gasket
Took 35 sec to cut the gasket and about 15-20 min to copy it and i'm no pro --yet
Attachments
gasket2.jpg
gasket1.jpg
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

http://youtu.be/E-ESF97iWxQ cutting a corner shelf
another example and this can be cut on any machine
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

interesting. :idea:
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

Excellent work, your videos are interesting as well as educational. Considering the effort years ago to design the gasket and the corner shelf, one has to be thankful for the technology at hand these days. I have to log more time in on my table. I have to admit it is a nice tool in the chest to have on hand. Any one interested in these tables will find John Walsh at Logicgroup very helpful. What I found to be a deciding factor for my investment, was the Combine software that allows for parts larger
than the size of the drawing table to be combined together one file. Roughly a 36 by 48 inch table will be capable of creating a part as large as 9 by 12 feet.
Keep up the good work Grogmeister, your video's are much appreciated. Cool laser by the way.
Gogitter
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Gogitter »

Very nice! How much do you have invested in the drawing table and software? I really like your videos!
CandCNC Electronic
Hypertherm Powermax1000
Mach 3
Sheetcam
CorelDrawx5
LDR 4X8 table
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

the drawing table iii was second hand ,did not cost much the pen (cordless) was 175.00 and the software was $500.00
so thats my investment not counting the computer vista64.
I am really pleased with the results as i have a lot of old grid type diagrams which scanned cause a lot of ediiting nightmares,so this is easy but i am new and there is a lot ot learn as there are about 4 draw commands ie fee hand- circles-arc-points,so you have to experiment as each cuts down the amount of scratching that pen around.
Also making gijs , i can draw it out on paper and now re-draw it on the computer.
I acn send some photos of the table if people would like to see it
Gogitter
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Gogitter »

I would think that kind of investment could be re-couped really quickly! I for one would be interested in pictures! Are you going to post them here or do you want my e-mail? Thanks again for taking the time to share!

Did you get everything from http://www.logicgroup.com/ ???
CandCNC Electronic
Hypertherm Powermax1000
Mach 3
Sheetcam
CorelDrawx5
LDR 4X8 table
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

my setup

Post by grogmeister »

my table is large and the bigger i feel the better i built the legs like a drafing table ,the computer is vista64 and i keep everything close ,in fact the monitor could be better mounted on the table w/cordless mouse and keyboard but its ok the way it is for now.
These tables can be bought second hand then you just need to add software and a pen corded or cordless ,i went cordless
Attachments
table setup2.jpg
table setup2.jpg (125.65 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
table setup.jpg
table setup.jpg (126.22 KiB) Viewed 4640 times
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

one more ,this a heron drawing fairly large and i feel the larger the diagram the better the cut

http://youtu.be/7YDp26vcnqU blue herron
I can post photos of the herron off the plasma
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

here is a couple of new videos:
https://youtu.be/_fURWE-QSaM weather vane drawing and plasma cut

https://youtu.be/2ggY0m3dQUk tracing out a metal part and cutting it with plasma

Return to “General Discussion”