File conversion and software

General software related questions should be posted here.
elky_1965_02
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

File conversion and software

Post by elky_1965_02 »

I have a plasmacam and was wondering if there is a program or a way to switch a plasmacam file which would be ade on design Edge to just a normal dxf so that it can be opened without design Edge are there any programs that are downloadable that are able to do that

Also was wondering about a program that can modify font I have a lot of projects that people want font in a circle around a design and I'm having to do it on design Edge by hand each letter
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: File conversion and software

Post by icmplasma85 »

Designedge will do all of that if you have advanced software. Now would be a good time to upgrade, they are having a 20% software sale for the next few weeks.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: File conversion and software

Post by rdj357 »

elky_1965_02 wrote:I have a plasmacam and was wondering if there is a program or a way to switch a plasmacam file which would be ade on design Edge to just a normal dxf so that it can be opened without design Edge are there any programs that are downloadable that are able to do that

Also was wondering about a program that can modify font I have a lot of projects that people want font in a circle around a design and I'm having to do it on design Edge by hand each letter
As ICM says, upgrading to Advanced Design is 20% off right now and with that you could export any drawing as a DXF. It would also allow you to fit text to a path (closed or open).

If that's not an option for your budget you can use free Inkscape to work with your files, always save them as DXF and just use DesignEdge to import those DXF files to create cut paths and cut them.

Return to “General Discussion”