Looking for help converting this graphic for a Veteran in the family

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Looking for help converting this graphic for a Veteran in the family

Post by edclayton1 »

Hi,
I am hoping to make a plasma cutting for a master gunner veteran in our family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ed
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder
Miller 211 Wirefeed Welder
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
80 gal 2 stage 175 PSI Emax air Compressor
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Looking for help converting this graphic for a Veteran in the family

Post by icmplasma85 »

Just traced the parts you'll have to figure out how you want to cut it. You may need to layer it for best look. Scaled it a little less than 2ft. If you plan on making much smaller double check dimensions of everything.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

That is definitely one that would not work well with auto trace unless you did some serious bitmap cleanup first, BUT doing it with the tools by hand you can basically just use it as a guide. Its really hard to trace lettering because the human eye reads by shapes and is really quick to catch even minor imperfections. I am sure there are some guys here that can help you out.

If you want to try it yourself blow it up a lat bigger and print it out then with tracing paper do a pen or pencil outline trace . Now scan that and start using it as a pattern to build the objects Try to find that font and tack the letter to an arc of the right size . You can then break the test apart into individual letters and adjust it to fit . HOW you cut it out of metal will be another issue because you are dealing with a @D flat plane and that images is a 2,5D (with depth)
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

Thank you both very much. I never thought about tracing it manually with pencil and paper. And as far as 2.5 D I often do make things in multiple layers and fasten the most together for the 2.5D effect. I'm still trying to learn better ways off doing that but sometimes I tig welder small #6 nuts onto one of the plates and then use screws to fasten the two layers together. It's worked out pretty well for me on some of my projects I've managed to create.I can't wait to see the difference file you created for me icmplasma85, but I need to switch over to my PC from my tablet In order to view it. I never found a good dxf viewer for my Samsung tablet yet and I don't try to draw on it anyway. Did you trace it manually using inkscape may I ask?
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

Well tonight I downloaded the file that icmplasma85 created for me. All I can say is I'm impressed and THANK YOU!. It looks great. I just couldn't figure out how to do it on my own. I really appreciate it and I am sure my relative will really like the art work when I get it done for him.
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”