? about linux candcnc skip touch offs and disable hold

General software related questions should be posted here.
ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

? about linux candcnc skip touch offs and disable hold

Post by ggeh »

I sent this ? to a couple of forums and I thought Id run this by you guys and see what you think.
I have to put check in skip touch offs and also disable hold to get my table to cut. if I don't it travels to the first hole and touches the metal, the feather sensor lights lights and that's as far as it goes. I also get this error message when I open linux up. any thoughts on what I need to do.
Thanks, Gary
Attachments
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: ? about linux candcnc skip touch offs and disable hold

Post by Rodw »

I'd flag that with CandCNC support. This look like a syntax error in a python script in the main code base. There appears to be mismatched parenthesis in the second last line. You have a file name and a line number to trace this further. I wondered if the missing license file might be contributing to the error by running code that is not normally executed. I'd try and get the license error sorted.

Not sure if you can do it on your system but often LinuxCNC will report more error messages if it can be run from the command line. Open a terminal window and type linuxcnc and see what happens.

Finally, the best forum to ask about this (other than CandCNC's support line) is the Linuxcnc forum here https://forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/index
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ? about linux candcnc skip touch offs and disable hold

Post by tcaudle »

This has been answered on the Support Forum. Note at the bottom of the screen there is an error reported from the touch off Both errors look to be settings related.

Return to “General Discussion”