Grouping.

General software related questions should be posted here.
Deadhorse
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Grouping.

Post by Deadhorse »

I have a pretty complex sign/picture that I'm trying to cut, the file was created in AutoCAD and they imported into Vicon via DXF. The problem is that Vicon is importing each shape from the file file as a separate piece, I even went back to AutoCAD and grouped everything as one and Vicon still split it into separate pieces.

I have attached the grouped CAD file.
Attachments
SANDBAR.dxf
(593.13 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Grouping.

Post by Bigrhamr »

When I zoom in on the lead in it shows that every hole and the perimeter is an open profile. Not sure how Vicon software works but with other software I have used it would just recognize the file as a bunch of lines and no objects.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

DXF does not support grouping or layers in the older formats and most exports and imports do not support polylines (objects) . Depending on the import software it should try to make polylines out of all the segments by doing node matching (auto joining) If that is th eonly way you can get shapoes inot the Vocon cutting software you are pretty much going to have to live with it. As stated in an earlier post , Vicon machines were purposely built for Industrial HVAC and large part cutouts so you may be asking it to do cuts it was not designed for.
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sphurley »

SANDBARfix.dxf
(779.4 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Try this
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485