Creating lead-ins in AutoCAD?

General software related questions should be posted here.
Deadhorse
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Creating lead-ins in AutoCAD?

Post by Deadhorse »

Hey sorry if this isn't in the correct section, please let me know if it's not.

So I'm using AutoCAD 2007 and our cutting software is Vicon 3.4, unfortunately Vicon reminds me of software from the middle ages, it is horrible and will not automatically create lead-ins, which is pretty important when plazma cutting.

Anyway, according to tech support at Vicon there is a sequence in AutoCAD when you join your polylines that if you have "drawn" in a lead-in, it will start cutting the shape with it. They weren't sure what the sequence is so that's what I'm trying to find out? I would assume that I would pick the lead-in first when joining but just looking to confirm?
AndrewMawson
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Creating lead-ins in AutoCAD?

Post by AndrewMawson »

Ditch the Vicon and get Sheetcam
4x4 DIY Plasma Table
Hypertherm PM45
Purelogic THC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Inkscape
Deadhorse
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Deadhorse »

I hear that, it's the worst, it blows my mind that there is no way to add leadins automatically in their software. Yet when I ever talked to them and complained about it they say that it's surprising because all their other customers love it.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

they say that it's surprising because all their other customers love it.
Probably because Vicon was developed for the sheet metal industry and cutting duct and fittings which don't require lead ins, not artwork.
I have used Autocad for 20 some years and am not familiar with the process you are looking for, at least not automatic. You could draw them in manually but that could take forever on a detailed piece. Not saying its not there though, Autocad is a powerful program and it's impossible to know everything. Perhaps you would have some luck on an Autocad forum???
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “General Discussion”