dxf files vs g codes

General software related questions should be posted here.
chevyguy55

dxf files vs g codes

Post by chevyguy55 »

Can anyone tell me why dxf files are downloaded and not g codes? My table runs with g codes using mach 3. Sure their are file that might need some changes(text) so if downloading files do both.
Batcat
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: dxf files vs g codes

Post by Batcat »

Not all controllers understand the same M codes, F codes or G codes. M codes are used to turn on and off things and F codes are used to control the cut speed. G codes are used for X & Y distance movement. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Batcat
5X10 Koike W/Microedge & 5X10 Vulcan W/D80
Hyp Sensor PHC Height Control both tables
Hyp PM 1250
Hyp PM 1000
Millermatic 250X
chipper
1 Star Member
1 Star Member
Location: Extreme Northwest corner of the Texas Panhandle... Not Texas, China either....

Re: dxf files vs g codes

Post by chipper »

most people haved some sort of cam system that can take the dxf, and create g-code. I know in mastercam there are about 500 different post processors(which create the g-code), and there is only one that works for my machine. Uploading g-code is just begging for trouble. What if I gave you some g-code with a fatal z- in it, and caused 10,000 dollars damage to your machine? I wouldn't be downloading someone elses g-code and running it in my machines and be able to rest easy while the machine was running....

Return to “General Discussion”