Does Software pick up where it left off-after collision

General software related questions should be posted here.
bander
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Does Software pick up where it left off-after collision

Post by bander »

Your half way through a large 4 x 8 pattern and your torch hits a piece that tilted up and crashes. Do you have to setup and start all over? Can your software pick up where you left off? Just wondering if one package is better than another.
Complete_Loser
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: How does your machine deal with collisions??

Post by Complete_Loser »

Plasmacam DHC2.
If this unit is not cutting, and touches metal, it stops and lets you know. Then clear the debris and hit start. Picks up where it leaves off.
If it crashes while cutting, as long as the project didnt shift, its not hard to go back and recut a poorly cut spot.
You can hit stop anytime during cutting or traversing, and it will still remember where it was.

The worst "crashes" we've had with the plasmacam is when your cutting the edge of a sheet, and those sheet retaining tabs are sticking up, the torches break dances right over them usually. It aint pretty if you dont catch it.
You want it done cheap and fast, it wont be right.
You want it done right and fast, it wont be cheap.

You want it done right and cheap.., come back in a year..
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I have modified my PlasmaCam DHC2, which already senses when the torch shield hits the plate....but I added a magnetic breakaway mount for the torch.....which, in the (likely) event of a hard collison with a tipped up part...allows the torch to breakaway without damage. It also is wired into the onboard PlasmaCam collision sensor to immediately stop the motion. The torch can then be replaced in the holeder (2 pins relocate it exactly)....clear the collision error warning on the computer screen....and resume cutting. Picture of my mount....which is a modified torch breakaway as used on a Hypertherm PHC Sensor torch height control system...is attached.

Jim
PlasmaCambuild 016.jpg
PlasmaCambuild 016.jpg (60.08 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
PlasmaCambuild 017.jpg
PlasmaCambuild 017.jpg (40.66 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
bander
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bander »

wow!!! that is a sweet setup. Nice work on that system.
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ironman »

bander wrote:Your half way through a large 4 x 8 pattern and your torch hits a piece that tilted up and crashes. Do you have to setup and start all over? Can your software pick up where you left off? Just wondering if one package is better than another.
Mine calls Onstar automatically and they send help :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”