AutoCad 2000

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
infinitydesigns
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

AutoCad 2000

Post by infinitydesigns »

does anyone design parts with Auto Cad 2000?
Wesley Nichols
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: AutoCad 2000

Post by Wesley Nichols »

..........I use TurboCad Pro Platinum 17.3........
infinitydesigns
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by infinitydesigns »

how does it work? good for art building also?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

As far as vector art, autocad is more technical than artistic, it's great for designing scale projects using existing vector art, not so great for creating vector art, unless you're a whiz at using the polyline tool(s) to draw artistic shapes.

Artistic vector design programs (like corel draw) tend to be a lot faster and easier to work with when it comes to vector art and sign layout type design. Where autocad maintains scientific precision, and has a command for everything, vector art programs let you move, scale, rotate, skew, bend and warp things all over the place with just a click or two and without worrying so much about accuracy and scale.

However, many vector art programs need help when it comes time to export machine friendly DXF files for use in auotcad or cnc programs.

I have autocad but don't use it to create vector art because corel draw/photoshop works better for me.
Machiavelli
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Machiavelli »

i use acad 2000i ... mianly because it was the only version i could get running under wine on a linux box. For part design i love acad ... but i've been using it for over 15 years for machine design and structural. For art time stuff i tend to fall back on inkscape and use it's dxf export. then i touch it up in acad if needed.

i dont do too much on the art side.
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

SignTorch Vector Art wrote:As far as vector art, autocad is more technical than artistic, it's great for designing scale projects using existing vector art, not so great for creating vector art, unless you're a whiz at using the polyline tool(s) to draw artistic shapes.

Artistic vector design programs (like corel draw) tend to be a lot faster and easier to work with when it comes to vector art and sign layout type design. Where autocad maintains scientific precision, and has a command for everything, vector art programs let you move, scale, rotate, skew, bend and warp things all over the place with just a click or two and without worrying so much about accuracy and scale.

However, many vector art programs need help when it comes time to export machine friendly DXF files for use in auotcad or cnc programs.

I have autocad but don't use it to create vector art because corel draw/photoshop works better for me.
AutoCad is all I use, but you are correct Gary, is mainly for technical design that artistic, but over all the years working with this software I find it works just fine. Yes the other programs out there are much, very much faster that drawing with Cad, but I find most of them are not to friendly for the machine. Lots of nodes, I may be wrong here for I used one one program of the such (BobCad with the Art feature) I really did not like it at all, all the clean up after, I found it easier to draw it out than using that software.
Personally speaking, I love AutoCad for everything, but like all softwares, it is what you feel comfortable with so really all in all every program are good, just depends on which one you will spend more time to learn and master.
Plasma Joe

P.S. Your files that you are trying out the arcs are working very nicelly, I cut out the circle deer you posted as a sample and wow big difference, I will post up the picture as soon as I paint it and install it in my truck.Is your super bundle have the arc optiion on all the files? Let me know please i would be interested in purchasing it.

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”