Autocad and text

AutoCAD and Fusion 360 related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
nsmart
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Autocad and text

Post by nsmart »

I am new here but have been trolling for a couple months and I absolutely love this forum. You guys really help each other out alot and I hope to be able to give back to the community as I learn more.

With that being said I hope someone can help me with a problem I have!!
I am using Autocad to do all my drawing and I have a friend wanting me to cut some text. Is there a way to do text in Autocad so that it is cuttable? I can put text in my drawing but it doesn not show up in sheetcam. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Autocad and text

Post by srp »

Your version of ACad is probably the LT Version. If it is you may have to export the drawing out as a WMF(Windows Meta File). Then import the drawing back in and it should break the letters into individual entities. I believe the command is WMFOUT and WMFIN. If this breaks the letters up then you should be able to save as a DXF and import into your system.
baker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by baker »

I have Autocad LT and am also interested in this. Does the WMF file create the outline, or is there a way to do that in the program?

Thanks for the help
highlandjeeper
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by highlandjeeper »

Is there an easy way to do this using a higher end version (not LT). I have Acad 2006 at work and have tried to cut text with it, but have had no success with what command converts text to entities. I guess I can try the above mentioned as well.

Return to “Fusion 360 & AutoCAD Forum”