Converting jpg files to pcm files

General software related questions should be posted here.
JamesMurphy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Converting jpg files to pcm files

Post by JamesMurphy »

I am new to the PlasmaCAM and am having trouble converting from the jpg files to the pcm files. Also, when I try to convert to cut path, everything gets distorted. I've tried using Paint to convert them to bpm files, but they also come out distorted. Any suggestions? Any and all will be appreciated.
Greybear
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Converting jpg files to pcm files

Post by Greybear »

Can you give us some specifics about the trouble you are having with your conversions?

Since this is posted in the Adobe Illustrator section, I am assuming you are importing a .jpg file into Illustrator, manipulating it and then exporting it out as a .dxf file, and finally importing into the PlasmaCam software for cutting.

Personally, I don't bother much with trying to convert picture files into cut art anymore. I usually <Place> the picture into an Illustrator document as a template (this way it sits in a separate layer and functions as a sort of pattern), and then use Illustrator to create a new line art drawing from the picture elements. This works out much better and avoids a lot of the cut path problems I used to experience from plain conversions.

If you can detail the steps you are taking to do your conversions, I'll try to give you some tips that may make life easier for you.
- Greybear -

Return to “General Discussion”